Multimodal Transportation is an interesting approach that resolves a large part of cargo mobility problems. Merging state and private transport in a multimodal transport system provides the chance to capitalize the economical rates and make possible the less transit time.
As many recognize, multimodal transport is generally operated with more than one type of transport under ownership of one operator. This comprise of the employment of more than one means of transport such as a blend of rail-car, truck, airplane, railways or ship in sequence.
Forms of multi-modal trans-shipment:
- Land- Sea- Land
- Road- Air-Road
- Rail/road/inland waterways/sea
- Coordinated and intended as a single operation, it reduces the risk of loss and wastage of time, pilferage and harm to the cargo at trans-shipment points
- The markets are psychically abridged by quicker transit of goods; reference to globalization challenge, the distance amid origin or source materials and customers is receiving to be unimportant thanks to the growth of multimodal transport
- The burden of issuing numerous documents for every segment of transportation is decreased to minimum
- Ensuring finest use of time and cost factor to rise client's spirited edge in today's market
- The consignor / consignee have to deal with only the MTO (multimodal transport operator) in all issues related to the goods transportation