Every country has its own laws for custom clearance, be it import custom clearance or export custom clearance. The custom clearance procedure helps in checking the goods against illegal import and charge proper taxes against the incoming and outgoing of goods.
Importers and Exporters must have a valid Importer / Exporter Code (IEC)
number for the clearance of goods while importing and exporting.
Categories of Import
Freely Importable Goods
- These goods are free to import and are imported under OGL or Open General License
- These goods require license for import
- These goods are not permitted to be imported from other countries
These points are referred for hassle free import
Categories of Export
Freely Exportable Goods
- Import General Manifest (IGM) refer the process of filing the details in the name of ultimate cashee before the arrival of shipment in India.
- Commercial Invoice Packaging List is the shipping document and catalog with HS code, if required for custom clearance in advance.
- Most of shipments goes under red channel or orange channel, so proper documentation is required.
- Custom duties and taxes are varied for different types of products, so it is recommended to consult custom broker in prior for custom procedure.
- These goods are free to export and are exported under OGL or Open General License
Negative List Of Exports
- These goods are not permitted to be exported outside the country
- These goods are not permitted to export without any license
Export Clearance Procedure
- The export officials are intimated for the export of a cargo from factory
- An empty container is picked from the container yard and is transported to the factory for loading
- Container is stuffed under the supervision of excise official
- Ready the export documentation
- The container is loaded and sealed and moved towards port
- The docs are filed for custom clearance at gateway port
- The container moved further for vessel loading